Ages 6 to 13. Authentic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class for beginners and intermediates.
Kids have a natural proclivity for grappling. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu provides a great way to channel their abundant energy into something productive and rewarding. In our Kids Program, we instill in our students the qualities that will help them throughout their lives. The kids learn that Commitment, Respect, Focus, Self-Discipline, Hard Work, and Effort always make for a rewarding experience and bring positive results.
Classes combine the basics of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu with fun and exciting, skill-oriented exercises and games to improve their gross motor skills, coordination, strength, flexibility, and agility. Besides these physical benefits and self-defense skills, kids in the Daniel Tavares BJJ Academy in our program receive the following social benefits:
- Character development
- Better focusing and listening skills
- Improved social and interpersonal skills
- Greater respect for adults and peers
- Greater confidence and self-esteem (especially in children that are shy or have been bullied in school)
- Conflict/peer pressure management (we teach our kids to be assertive, but not aggressive)
Ultimately, we try to ensure that the kids in our program are happier, healthier, and have the qualities and skills that will help to empower them throughout their entire lives.